Sunday 24 April 2011

happy chocolate day!






dress - vintage, cardigan - tesco, hat - asos, shoes - topshop

i can't believe this weather we've been having! since when was it this warm in april? anyway, no outfit feels complete anymore without this hat. it instantly makes what i'm wearing feel twice as summery.

this dress is an ebay purchase which i paid way, way too much for a couple months ago. when it arrived it was different to how i had imagined and i became a bit 'meh' about it and never wore it, but all of a sudden i decided it was time to give it a go, and i like it. the material is weird and it's too long (hense the belt to pull it up a bit) but it's actually really nice afterall. and it goes nicely with the socks and shoes. i used to hate the socks with shoes trend, i think because i have to be careful which socks to wear or else my legs look super stumpy, but i love these white ones with these clog wedges.

and happy easter everybody!

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!
    I love your hat

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty! you pull of the socks and shoes so well. not stumpy at all!

    thestyle-child.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely.

    Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How! I love this new look !!!
    Have you got a lot of chocolate :p

    Bisous de france,
    a bientot!
    Bee
    http://mnb-mode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks cute! I love the lace socks with those wedges. You definitely don't look stumpy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect Easter outfit!! I love the hat/shoe combo!! You look adorable dear!!

    xox,
    karen

    www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress really suits you! I've had items arrive like that before that aren't what you expect but a few weeks/months pass by and you discover it's really beautiful! Your hair is looking very lovely may I add!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, love the hat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I would like this, since I have almost the same look going on at my blog. Socks, clogs, dress with a belt. Anyway, I love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely. and i agree! the weather here in berlin has been amazing. last year was not this warm so soon. but hey, who am i to complain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, it is so pretty. Love your cardigan and dress combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is lovely. You should definitely wear it more! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute, I love it! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, those shoes, that bag! This outfit is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dress looks gorgeous - not 'meh' at all on these pics :o)

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    i love love love this dress!!!!! gah you always wear the cutest things. i love all the hats!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with your hair!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your photos Sarah these are so lovely.
    I am so jealous that you can wear a cardigan in the warm weather. In Brisbane (in Australia) where I live we are almost at the end of Autumn and still reaching maximums of 27 degrees Celsius.
    I am sooo moving to the UK. I love the cold :)

    http://mymodernvintagefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I'm so jealous of your weather! And your outfit too. It's pretty much perfection. :) Happy chocolate day to you too!

    - Caroline (keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your dress and shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look so lovely and beautiful as always!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for all your comments! you're wonderful.